COMPANY: SHIELDS HEALTH CARE GROUP
JOB TITLE: Accountant
LOCATION: Brockton, MA
HOURS: Full Time-M-F
SHIELDS HEALTH CARE GROUP is an independent, Massachusetts-based medical service provider with a national reputation for blending exceptional customer service with superior technology. Patients, partners and colleagues define our 30 + years of quality diagnostic services as a true mark of successful teamwork. Known for our advanced diagnostic imaging, we are a sought after provider – not only because of our technology but also because of our teamwork and tremendous opportunities for professional growth.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for a variety of accounting functions, including month-end and year-end close, account reconciliation, financial reporting and special projects.
- Actively participate and support the full month end close cycle including AP, AR, cash, accruals and financial statement preparation for 30+ entities.
- Maintain fixed assets sub-ledger, record monthly entries & complete related reconciliations for all entities.
- Manage & record standard entries across all entities.
- Perform cash management activities, including intercompany transfers, daily cash reporting and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare intercompany & third party invoices, including reconciliation of intercompany activity between all entities
- Perform monthly balance sheet, cash flow and P&L variance analysis
- Ensure the accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance with internal policies
- Prepare and review monthly Partner Reporting Packages.
- Prepare year-end related items including tax and audit work papers.
- Collaborate across the Shields network to gather financial information for monthly close.
- Proactively recommend improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the month-end close and the financial reporting process.
- Support budgeting process and FP&A team
- Perform ad hoc requests and reports
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (CPA a plus)
- Minimum 3 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (vlookups/pivot tables)
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi task and prioritize
- Proficiency with accounting software systems. Experience with Sage / AccPac beneficial.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Team player who embraces change and process improvement