COMPANY: SHIELDS HEALTH CARE GROUP
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
LOCATION: Metro-West / Framingham Areas
HOURS: M-F 230p-11p
Shields Health Care Group is an independent, Massachusetts-based medical service provider with a national reputation for blending exceptional customer service with superior technology. Patients, partners and colleagues define our 30 + years of quality diagnostic services as a true mark of successful teamwork. Known for our advanced diagnostic imaging, we are a sought after provider – not only because of our technology but also because of our teamwork and tremendous opportunities for professional growth.
Perform a variety of duties in and around the company owned and leased real estate such as, repairs, maintain buildings, maintain machinery and mechanical electrical equipment.
Functions include, but are not limited to:
1. Works with SHCG staff, vendors and contracted personnel, in projects/repairs related to owned and leased property including coordination of work, keeping on budget and ensuring minimal disruption of business for employees and patients.
2. Performs trouble-shooting, repairs and preventative maintenance for all company owned and leased property and equipment.
3. Performs tasks to complete company maintenance requests where qualified. Coordinates outside vendors/contracted services to complete work, which requires qualified assistance.
4. Orders materials necessary to complete tasks and to maintain inventory.
5. Performs routine facility inspections to identify deficient items that need repair or replacement.
6. Performs simple plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, landscaping and painting tasks.
7. Monitors building safety components including but not limited to fire alarm, fire protection, security systems and egress.
8. Communicates well with all company departments and outside vendors to complete tasks.
9. Inspects parking areas/walkways removes trash, debris, and snow/ice and insures lighting is sufficient to maintain safety.
10. Handles call and facilitates emergency after-hours calls when required
11. Responsible for ensuring all items are met on the six QA programs adopted by Facilities. This entails communication to manager on items of concern or excellence as well as creating tickets and completing tasks for items not being followed at specific centers under the QA programs
C. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent.
D. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Minimum of 2 years general maintenance experience
2. On –the-job training in one or more building trades
3. Additional specialized experience in a maintenance field preferred
E. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT ACCOMODATION:
1. Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds
2. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
3. Must be able to work with hand tools overhead while standing on
Scaffolding and ladders
4. Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
5. Ability to withstand some exposure to excessive weather conditions,
Such as heat, cold, rain, snow etc.
6. Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time.
F. OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1. Valid driver’s license and impeccable driving record.
2. Reliable transportation
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. Excellent organizational skills
5. Extensive external contact
6. Ability to multitask effectively
7. Ability to manage time effectively to achieve needs of position
NOTE: It is not intended that this Job Description include all details of the work
functions of this position. The incumbent will perform work of lower or
equivalent classification as required or directed, and work of higher
classification for training and development purposes or as situationally