American College of Radiology (ACR)
Our Shields PET/CT and MRI locations are accredited by the ACR. The ACR awards accreditation to facilities for the achievement of high practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of its practice. Image quality and procedure evaluations are conducted by board-certified radiologists and medical physicists who are experts in the field. The program also evaluates personnel qualifications, adequacy of facility equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs. All findings are reported to the practice via a comprehensive report that includes recommendations for improvement.
When you choose an ACR-accredited facility, you know:
- Your hospital, clinic, or health center has voluntarily gone through a rigorous review process to be sure it meets nationally-accepted standards.
- The personnel are well qualified, through education and certification, to perform and interpret your medical images and administer your radiation therapy treatments.
- The equipment is appropriate for the test or treatment you will receive, and the facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines.
Shields conducts business with a number of other highly regarded professional organizations, including:
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy (founded an MRI technologist curriculum in partnership with Shields Health Care Group)
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists (certifies Shields technologists)